The Aether Shop is a shop where you can use an in-game currency – called Aether – to get exclusive heroes, Skins, and other cool items that won’t be available anywhere else!
Unlock the Aether Shop
Any player that has at least one six-star Hero (★★★★★★) AND at least one excess Hero Token can access the Aether Shop.
How to quickly get 6-star Heroes
- Collect tokens for Leonidus. These can be obtained from Challenge Mode and Daily Quests
- Try to get tokens of King Yorick. They are available in The Tower of Pwnage and PWN Shop
- Excess tokens of Leonidus and King Yorick give you constantly every day a bit Aether
- Spend excess gold for 10x Gold Portal Summons. 1 million gold is roughly worth 60 (random) tokens for Bronze Heroes.
- Use excess Honor for Portal Summons to unlock the available Silver Heroes and raise their star rating.
- Claim your Daily Rewards and do the Daily Quests
- Claim the Free Hero Tokens (Monday to Wednesday, every week)
- Join a Guild, collect at least 6000 every week with your guild members for a free Heroic Portal Summon. Save 10 free Portal Summons to do a 10x summon (not 10 single summons but 10x at once). There are frequently days when the Portal guarantees 4 or even 10 hero unlocks or a guaranteed featured hero when doing a 10x Heroic Summon.
- last but not least: Participate in Events! Such events pay out a lot of tokens for featured heroes and rare event heroes.
Excess Hero Tokens
When you raised the star rating of your favourite Hero to the maximum of six stars (★★★★★★) any further collected tokens are considered as excess Tokens and will be immediately converted into Aether. Each time this happens, you will see excess Tokens earned count down and how much Aether is gained.
Aether Exchange Rates
What is each excess Hero Token worth in Aether?
All Heroes have been classified as either Bronze, Silver, Gold, Legendary or Exclusive. A selection of Hero Tokens is available in the Aether Shop since launch. Aether Shop content is subject to change over time.
Excess Hero Tokens are worth:
- 1 Bronze hero = 5 Aether
- 1 Silver hero = 10 Aether
- 1 Gold hero= 25 Aether
- 1 Legendary hero = 30 Aether
Heroes per category
- 17 Bronze Aether Category
- 15 Silver Aether Category
- 22 Gold Aether Category
- 9 Legendary Aether Category
- 2 Exclusive Aether Category
- 6 heroes of which the Aether Category is currently unknown
in the game.
Abigail the Brutal (Fast/Barbarian/Rogue)
Bovus El Doro (Beast/Warrior)
Jabber Clenchjaw (Beast/Warrior)
Kobal the Pestilent (Caster)
Mangle Jaw (Monster/Warrior)
Rogar Stonecrusher (Dwarf/Warrior)
Selwyn the Enduring (Caster)
Sir William (Tank)
Stone Fist (Slow/Construct/Tank)
Willow Swift (Fast/Elf/Rogue)
Yasmin Bloom (Healer)
Black Diamond (Fast/Assassin/Rogue)
Chief NubNub (Slow/Goblin/Healer)
Dagrund Blacksmoke (Dwarf/Healer)
Dhaegon Stonecrusher (Dwarf/Warrior)
Ella Ametryst (Demon/Rogue)
Ignus the Mad (Barbarian/Caster)
King Yorick (Undead/Rogue)
Overlord Executum (Undead/Tank)
Rocky the Shiitake (Fast/Plant/Rogue)
Samurai Takumi (Honorbound/Warrior)
Therand Fiddlestrom (Dwarf/Caster)
Admiral Kreel (Reptile/Warrior)
Archangel Emily (Healer)
Balog the Loud (Barbarian/Tank)
Hansuke Undying (Undead/Honorbound/Warrior)
Kai Makani (Fast/Caster)
Lady Nimriel (Elf/Rogue)
Life Reaper Brom (Slow/Undead/Warrior)
Masuta Kira (Fast/Assassin/Rogue)
Phenol Thoxian (Slow/Monster/Tank)
Pignius Maximus (Demon/Beast/Tank)
Shadow Queen Daeris (Fast/Elf/Rogue)
Sifu Jianzhi (Assassin/Warrior)
Cruel King Bramble (Legendary/Goblin/Tank)
Drakk the Warlord (Legendary/Barbarian/Warrior)
High King Valkin (Legendary/Dwarf/Warrior)
Jin Lei (Slow/Legendary/Honorbound/Caster)
Lord Zomm (Slow/Legendary/Undead/Caster)
Pontifex Mortis (Legendary/Caster)
The Furnace (Legendary/Construct/Tank)
Aether Shop Items
Like the other Shops in Dungeon boss the Aether Shop offers all the goodies sorted into different categories. There is one tab for each category: Items, Bronze (Heroes), Silver (Heroes), Gold (Heroes), and Exclusive. All available items cost Aether tokens. When you have all available heroes of a tab (Bronze, Silver, Gold) at 6 stars that tab will vanish. Let's have a look at the different tabs:
- +1 Corrupted Heart, Limit 3/day costs 10,000 Aether
- +100 Stamina, Limit 2/day costs 1,500 Aether
- +4 Raid Tickets, Limit 2/day costs 225 Aether
- +100 Orbs, Limit 2/day costs 300 Aether
- crafted Totems Strange Totem and Mysterious Totem, +1 Totem for 1,000 Aether
- crafted Saintly Totems and Wicked Totems, +1 for 2,000 Aether each
- various other lootable Totems like Molten Totem, Misty Totem, Jade Totem, Crystal Totem, and Shadow Totem, +1 for 100 Aether
- Tomes Materials Packs (bundled, 10 Tomes of each kind) for 1,000 Aether.
- Raw Materials Packs (bundled, 10 items of each raw material) for 800 Aether.
- Metal Materials Packs (bundled, 10 items of each metal) for 600 Aether.
- Plant Materials Packs (bundled, 10 items of each raw material) for 500 Aether.
- Crystal Materials Packs (bundled, 10 items of each raw material) for 500 Aether.
- +5 Boss Fangs for 250 Aether.
- +5 Guild Rings for 250 Aether.
- +5 Medals of Honor for 250 Aether.
Note: various Superior* Rune Shards (Attack, Defense, Skill, or Health) had been available (+1 Shard for 550 Aether). Currently they are no longer available. This might be subject of change. (*) Superior Rune Shards require Player Level 65.
Bronze Heroes are categorized like in the table above (Aether Exchange Rates) and correspond with Heroes that are available from Great Portal Summons plus Torchy and Mangle Jaw. All these Heroes, including Lupina, are for sale and listed in the "Bronze Hero" tab of the shop. Each Bronze Hero costs 375 Aether (5 tokens).
Note: The Aether exchange rate is bad for Bronze Hero tokens. Except for Lupina there is usually no reason why you should buy any Bronze Hero from the Aether Shop because the poor rate makes it such a bad deal.
Example: If you've collected 260 excess tokens of Bronze Heroes like 100 Willow Swift tokens, 90 Bovus El Doro tokens and 70 Jabber Clenchjaw tokens this will net you 260x5 = 1300 Aether (5 Aether for each Bronze Hero excess token). For 1300 Aether you'll get 20 Bronze Hero tokens, like 20x Zurk tokens, that means the exchange rate is 65:5 or a net loss of 60 tokens.
Silver Heroes are categorized like in the table above and correspond with Heroes that are available from Honor Portal Summons. A selection of these Heroes are listed in the "Silver Hero" tab of the shop. Each Bronze Hero costs 625 Aether (5 tokens):
Gold Heroes are categorized like in the table above. It's a large selection of the Heroes that are available from Heroic Portal Summons and during Events. The offer excludes lastest event heroes like Deadeye. These are not availble in the Aether Shop. The available heroes for sale are listed in the "Gold Hero" tab of the shop (guessed that?). Each Gold Hero costs x5 tokens for 800 Aether.
- Lady Nimriel
- Balog the Loud
- Masuta Kira
- Lily Blossom
- Admiral Kreel
- and Shade, and many more!
On 2018-07-19 with the Hero Update Kai Makani Phemus Reworks the four formerly event heroes
All Legendary Heroes are available, x5 tokens for 975 Aether.
Exclusive Heroes and Skin
- Lady Nimriel's Valentine skin costs 10,000 Aether. Limit 1 skin.
- Ember Sanguine x5 tokens cost 1,600 Aether.
- Aria x5 tokens cost 2,400 Aether.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
These questions and ansers are taken from the official FAQ found in the Dungeon boss forum:
- Will we be seeing more new Heroes and Skins exclusive to the Aether Shop? Will they ever be released into the Heroic Portal?
- We currently do not have any plans to move the Aether Shop exclusive heroes, Aria the Light Acrobat, and Ember the Fire Healer, to other areas of the game. As for new exclusive Heroes and Skins for the Aether Shop, you’ll have to wait and see!
- Will we ever see previously released Skins in the Aether Shop?
- Short answer: Yes. But we’re still exploring the when and how of it. Stay tuned as the Aether Shop evolves, and in the meantime, enjoy the lovely Lady Nimriel skin!
- Will you still be releasing new Heroes and Skins in the Heroic and VIP portals?
- Yes, definitely new Heroes in both portals. We’re not moving away from that. Our plans for Skins are diverse, and some will only be available via the Heroic Portal or the Aether Shop, while others will be available via in-game objectives (similar to what we did with Daeris Tokens).
- Will we be able to purchase Aether with money?
- There are no plans for Aether microtransactions at the moment.
- How was each Hero valued for the Aether to Token conversions?
- We had to look at how rare each Hero was in our game, and determine the effort needed to get it. It was a combination of those factors that led to our new classification of Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Legendary. However, Lupina is the exception. We wanted to make it easier for players to acquire her tokens, since they were hard to get in the game. Therefore, she is a Bronze hero, in that her Tokens are cheaper than the other three tiers (when she rotates into the Aether shop).
- How much Aether will excess tokens be worth for Daeris?
- We haven’t determined that yet, as it will be a while before anyone has excess Tokens for her.
- While you’re here, will King Yorick ever leave the Tower of Pwnage as a reward? I have SO many Tokens!
- With the introduction of the Aether Shop, that won’t necessarily be a bad thing! There are currently no plans to replace Yorick, but we’ll let you know ahead of time if we do!