In this game, your heroes level up and become stronger through experience gained from fighting battles and consuming XP potions. When your team engages in a fight and defeats the boss at the end of the dungeon level, your team gains experience points for the completion of the level. You will also collect XP potions through repeated playthrough of levels, and are used towards heroes that require a quick XP boost to bring them up to your team's current level.
|Raise your Player Level so your Heroes gain a higher Maximum Level.|
In this team of all Water heroes, they gain 108XP points in addition to the gold and other rewards dropped during the dungeon fight. Among the rewards are XP potions of different quality. These items are typically used when you amass more heroes during the lifetime of your gameplay. You'll acquire new heroes that begin at level 1, you'd want to quickly level them up to your current Player Level so that they can be as competitive as your other heroes in your team.
To access your collected XP potions, you can open the Hero tab and click the green potion icon found at the bottom of the tab where the XP progress bar is located. This will bring up the menu for the different types of potions that you've collected. The quantity collected is displayed under each icon, and clicking it will consume one potion.
The danger of fighting a dungeon could be stressful, especially when your team narrowly completes the level with three stars. By using Quick Loot, you will not only save time but also guarantees a boss chest. This method, on the other hand, will not reward your party with experience points.
|Whenever Heroes level up, you can improve all their combat abilities.|
Make sure you spend some gold to gain the full power of your Hero's abilities after leveling up. To do so open the Abilities tab and upgrade the desired ability. This is also necessary if a Hero is ascended and gains a new Ability.
Beware: The higher the Hero Level is the more XP and gold you will need.
The Maximum Level for Heroes is 70 (previously 60). It cannot exceed the Player Level. The level of the Hero's abilities cannot exceed the level of that Hero.
To compete in Dungeon Raids and participate in Special Events it is necessary to keep the level of your favourite Heroes as close as possible to your Player Level because the opponents of a raid are choosen by Player Level and the difficulty of Special Events scales with the Player Level.
Your Heroes cannot exceed your Player Level. Maximum Player Level is 70, and Heroes' Maximum Level is 70, too. The cap has been raised with the release of the Dungeon Boss Major Update; (March 2nd, 2016) the original maximum Player and Hero Level was 60.
Player Level Requirement
Various areas of the game require a specific Player Level. These are unlocked at the following Player Levels:
- Player Level 5 unlocks the Chat. Friends and friend's Champions are available right after tutorial.
- Player Level 8 unlocks Runes
- Player Level 10 unlocks My Dungeon
- Player Level 14 unlocks Guilds. Reach level 14 to create and search for guilds. Friends can invite you to join their guild at any level.
- Player Level 15 unlocks Evo Island
- Player Level 18 unlocks Evo Crafting
- Player Level 20 unlocks XP Island
- Player Level 25 unlocks Gold Island
- Player Level 28 unlocks The Tower of Pwnage
- Player Level 30 unlocks the Challenge Mode of Campaign Dungeons
- Player Level 60 unlocks Boss Mode and Boss Island
- Campaign Dungeons require a specific Player Level (see Dungeons page for details).
- Events dungeons are tied to the Player Level (scaled difficulty) or require a specific Player Level to unlock.
- Once Player Level 20 is reached the Heroic Portal Summon will reward better XP Potions.
- Beyond Player Level 25 the Daily Quest Win 2 PvP Raids will no longer reward Lady Nimriel tokens. You still can collect her tokens by completing other Quests and Events like Blistering Summit Challenge with Lady Nimriel.
- Around Player Level 30 Daily Quests like Gold Collector: Collect My Dungeon Gold 2 times. will no longer give you any Player XP. Dungeon runs, Dungeon Raids, and Events still give you Player XP. The slowdown will give you some time to level up and upgrade your Heroes.
Notes and Tips
To get an idea how much XP and gold is required to raise the level of a Hero to a certain level refer the Level Progression page. To level up the Player Level slowly, so you can keep your Heroes' Level close to it, you can decline (do not accept) the rewards for quests that will give you Player XP. Especially in higher levels this will get more important. Before the the Boss Mode Update you could retreat while in a dungeon when you get a Chest that contains no Hero tokens. This is no longer possible. When the chest spawns you must open it to exit the dungeon. (The retreat button is not available in menu.)
- Level Progression - How much XP you need for your Heroes
- Ascending your Heroes - Unlock new Abilities
- Upgrading Heroes - Gain more Stars for your Heroes
- Collecting Evos - all about the cute little creatures
- Master Evo Chart - reveals which are the most popular Evos
- Classes Charts - which Element of Heroes has which Classes of Heroes